Paradise at Last!...........


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 2nd 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!!! (Carl hope you remembered!!!!)


Weather was fine this morning, so we were getting the 10.30am (early for me!) ferry over to Ko Pha Ngan (this place has a different spelling everytime I see it!), picked up our laundry first (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Clean clothes!)...............................................................................

The ferry journey from Ko Samui is only bout half an hour.................. had to walk along a very ricketty jetty to board the ferry which we all had visions of us falling through it with our rucksacks and sinking straight to the bottom- especially with all the stuff we had!

The ferry got quite choppy half way through the journey and we all decided that Vix didn't like ANY form of transport!!!!!! Always had visions of the boats being like little fishing boats and having to wade half way across the beach with our bags as the boats couldn't get close to the shore (bringing memories of Wilson in his wetsuit like a scene out of Baywatch- the Hoff!! coming to carry me, Alex and Stanners to the boat!!!) but they weren't, they were quite substancial boats................thank god as even though I had travel sickness bands on I still felt a bit sick!

Once off the boat, we got a taxi in the direction of the beach Anna R and Joe had suggested to me as with recent experience we weren't to hot on finding great ones ourselves! Decided to try some bungalows that Lonely Planet had suggested, we have decided that the people who visit these places are either slightly blind or our standards are just far too high!!!!!

So off goes Timmy again on his scooter but this time with Vix on the back (with her love of transport- armed with helmet!!!!) leaving me and Louisa scoffing chocolate ice cream awaiting their return!!!!!!

Returning telling us they had found somewhere, but giving us no information we followed eagerly!!!!....................well i'll let you guys guess whether I was happy or not by the photos!!!!!Thanks Anna for advice (we are staying in Haad Son- just next to Hadd Yao West you suggested.......................Paradise and only 2 pound 50!

Spent the rest of the day louging by the pool- YES pool!!!! and eating- of course!!!!
Had to keep shaded though.......................had got a little burn't on the ferry- Nana, my neck has a white mark where my St. Christoper was hanging!!!!!

Later on we retired to the bungalow after our daily Singa intake and chillin out with some American guys we had met, Lousia had a huge millipede sat on her pillow and then later on a huge Gheko in their room.......................................... Timmy although a big guy is petrified of reptiles!!!!!!! We were thinking of upgrading to the airconned sealed which was a little out of our price range but thought we were being silly so braved the night!!!!! I tell you some mad noises going on last night.............and not by the loved up romantic holiday makers- but some kinda frog!!!!!!

Thanks for your message Sint, will give your bro a text soon x
Congratulations Martin on the birth of your little baby boy- Ben x
Carl- forgot to mention in the email that we saw a Thai guy on a moped with a Liverpool top on- tried to get a photo of him as was sooooooooooo funny- they must think they are quite good over here!!!!! x



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



4th February 2006

green
green being the colour i have turned after reading all your exploits! have you got an e-mail address i can use to send you a longer letter of envy?? xxx
7th February 2006

Nice legs Miss wolf.... hahaha
Seeesh just recovering from a tiger tiger rampage. Weather is nice today tut tut. Just remeber your audience! Its my dads b'day today, these oldies hey. Think I'll check Thailands geography coz I've no idea where you are! Hibb

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb