Costa Del Douvres (also known as Ko Phangnan!!)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 24th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

YoYoYo so basically after finding out I am a diving extraordinaire (there is a dvd which has been purchased to show this and I will be screening it at home- its bloody hilarious although when everyone jumps into the water for the first time al the boys did these impressive front flips, all the girls did crappy steps and i do neither and loose my mask and then flap around like a fool! but hey ho. i also do some cool dance moevs underwater which make me look like a pro!!)

I went out for dinner and all of a sudden heard someone shout my name- this is of course a big rareity half way across the world so I jump up in excitement and who should I see but Anna and Charlotte and the rest of the intrepid guys I spent my first 7 days with. queue mucho excitement and also relief aas I had 5 nights with anna and charlotte booked on koh phangnan and i didnt have a clue where. had a rather mental night which involved lots of pathetic diving references and "equalizing" good times. didnt go to bed till about 7.30 and had a taxi picking me up at 8 (not clever) never mind met the girls and off we sailed to koh phangnan. now anna and charlotte have spent 14nights there already in march so sorted us out top deal at panang beach resort which is beautiful bungalows on the beach. we had air con, sky tele, veranda which toutched the sand BEAUTIFUL! the next six days were basically really surreal as they felt liek i was on holiday with the girls. we sunbathed in the day and then partied at night. on the first night anna had her drink spiked though so there was quite a bit of drama and all of which was in the torrential rain. we got her home though minus her camera, shoes, earrings and anti bacterial hand wash (she kept askign for that and was not happy when she realsied it had gone!!) next day rained all day but our resort had the biggets plasma you've ever seen and about 30 of us all sat down and watched superbad, juno , the beach (basically had a day of recline). managed to persuade luke (from uni) and his boys (andy twin and James twin - kos was sooo poorly he had to stay on ko samui) to stay on koh phangnan for the full moon but they had no where to stay so i said drop your bags off at mine then go look without them, they did that and andy who owned the resort said they could stay for a night in the one spare bungalow then just leave their stuff at ours on the night of full moon. bonus for them as it meant they got it super cheap and for me as it meant i got them to entertain me for four days! honestly it made it feel even more like a holiday with home people!!and i think im now officially one of the boys after taking royal abuse for 4 days! (it was all in jest though and I gave as good as I got so dont worry!)
on the sunday i went to haad rin beach with the boys and honestly it was like magaluf or benidorm or something. so touristy full of chavs excited for the party. boo. (i just added that point randomly as a rant so it may not make sensen but seriously the ebach was ehaving there was no where to move and all the swedes had the boobies out which is something the thais would not liek and we all know how much im trying to immerse myself int he culture out here!!)

full moon came and was all that it was meant to be. there was about 20000 people raving on one beach and I do feature in the dvd although at about 6 in the morning so its not a good look- i had some cool glow paint going on and buckets a plenty.controversially ill say ive had better nights in haad rin namely the friday before and our last night there. thats because you hear so many horror stories you freak yourself out and i didnt really drink and saw so many smashed people and scary thai men preading on me that i just was more paranoid then drunk even thinking that jamesy twin had collapsed and sorting out some grand scale search party for him when in fact he was fine! (not that I need to drink to have fun though sandy!!hehe) was good though and we lasted till 10 which i was highly impressed by!
next day was surprisingly not a right off so i worked on the lame tan which is seriously not good and slightly frustrating.
last day andy the owner of the old panang beach resort booked a boat for anyone who wanted to go round the whoel island. the boys were lame and didnt come but i made really good friends with a couple called kirsty and nick who came and got to know so many more of the peopel we were staying with. it was such a good day. great way to see the island and we went snorkling (i saw 2 bararcudas! i think i have the underwater bug- really wana do my advanced now!!) and kayacking and fishing- we caught a squid then cooked it!!!great fun. although the only cd the fishermen had was wham greatest hits which they played on loop from when we set off at 9 am untill 7 pm! nightmare. it was crazy diving underwater and all you can hear as you look for fish was "jitter bug jitterbug!"

last night in haad rin was a corker added to by the fact we all watched the liverpool chelsea game halfway through the night then went back out and partied! i also saw mani and vinay from ko tao who i absolutly adore and want to travel with in oz (they dont quite no this yet!!)

I then travelled to phuket which took 16 hours and was not pleasant. I was soooooooooooooo sad to leave Thailand esp as I wish id brought more in bangkok where everything is so cheap (its soo much dearer on the islands) bt the journey epitomised all i hate about the country. a 6 hour journey took over double as they would drive us for an hour and then leave us at their fireds cafe for two hours. then we'd drive another hour and then the same again. its okay to stop and you get talking to epople and iw as playing cards on every break with 2 irish jokers and an ozzy but it was still such a waste of my day. i really wanted to shop in phuket and in ended up getting there at 1 in the morning. never mind ive just got into singapore. spent the day walking round it wtith a guy from my hostel. was cool. i already love it here- as a city its so like london but cleaner and more chilled. cant wait for beth and kate two girls off my intrepid trip to get here tomoz so we can go to the night zoo and shop!!!yipeeeee. also we can go to sentosa island which i really want to do.
Im also really pleased with myself as i choose not to get a taxi and got the sky train here which is a major step in my travelling life!!!

on the down side i did turn up at my hostel today and they hadnt received my booking so im on a mattress on the floor and may not even get that tomoz! how rude!!but hey ho. its only for 2 nights so ill be fine!

love to you all. Pete and BK hope your not to upset about the footy. VD you'll love singapore its even got a topshop and a tube stop called DOVER!!! ill defo be your first guest when you move here. love love love to everyone else xxx

oo AND i saw tom driscoll, tom rennie and sam knopp at the full moon albeit brifely!!

PS (I know this blog sound very party orientated but i have done otherstuff as well its just that that was the main point of koh phang nan and apart from bottle beach and the day of snorkling there isnt that much else to do there. its sooo touristy and doesnt have that much culture if im honest although i loved it there and esp at the beach resort)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb