Thai Hospitality


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 29th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thai BucketsThai BucketsThai Buckets

Provides plenty of rocket fuel for your all nighter on the beach... just don't forget to pop your eyeballs back into their sockets and don't plan anything that involves thinking the next day.
I've been in Asia for a year and a half and i've never experienced hospitality like i have in Thailand. This Kingdom is like no other. And there is one thing that I have noticed....The Thai People give you everything you need, want, and desire to have fun...and...if you push it far enough, to hurt yourself. Fortunately their hospitality doesn't end in the beginning. When the end is near, their services are just getting started. They are there when you fall, crash, or hit rock bottom. They will stitch you up, evacuate you to the Bangkok hospital, put a cast on your broken ankle, clean your wounds, and even offer you nuerological counseling if you've been foolish enough to have eaten one of their homegrown plants related to the physchedelic Datura family. Of course, the fun beginnings are always ten times cheaper than the rough endings. A rented motorbike costs less than $10 U.S per day, but the crash will cost you a minimum of $300 and over $100,000 if you hit your head and require brain surgery. Six Thai Redbul Whisky Buckets will cost you and your friends less than $50 to drink but you may be paying $$$$ thousands for the camera that you lost when you passed out somewhere and the cash that was falling out of your pocket will fund the locals who want to send money home to their grandmothers. If you forgot how to walk, the Medical Centers will provide rides home to your hotel at 6 in the morning after stitching and casting you up but it will cost you a hell of a lot more than you would have paid for a taxi if you had stayed sober. And last but not least, if you managed to cross their legal limits, the Thai's may even put you up for over a decade in their all inclusive Bangkok Hilton.

Maybe the new tourist logo should be... "Welcome to Thailand...where the hospitality doesn't end at the beginning"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb