Beach party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 16th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I got picked up early by the air con mini-bus and said goodbye to ko lanta I had a fab time there but it was time to leave. I took the two ferries required to get off the lanta islands and changed buses at krabi. I met a guy called Ben at the bus station and we shared a seat on the bus to surat thani where we would get a rather slow ferry to ko phangan. Ben and I hit it off straight away He's such a laid back guy. After a few hours on bus and ferry we hit on the idea of sharing a room to save on costs, we found a good place just off haad rin beach, it cost us 170 each bargain! We dumped our bags and got changed and hit haad rin. What a fantastic place! it's so good this time of year not too busy not too quiet, you can do anything you want here, party hard, chill out lay on the beach go diving its got the lot. Our first night we said we would have a quiet one after travelling, yeah right! we watched a film while downing a couple of large changs and were compelled to go down to the beach. The beach at night is a mass of neon clad bars pumping out any taste in music you like. The bars are interspersed by the dreaded bucket stalls, hundreds of buckets with all the raw materials placed inside, just add ice. So we had a few more changs and got stuck into the buckets. I awoke to a level 3 hangover not to bad felt a little light headed, i blame the red bull stuff in the buckets. We had a lazy day on the beach. That night we got a taxi into thong sala to watch a few thai boxing bouts, It was brutal! Those guys did not hold back, we watched around 6 bouts with knockouts in the 3rd and 5th! One guy swallowed his tongue and went blue pretty scary stuff! Ben got it all on his digi camcorder. We had a proper quiet night after that as the next morning we were getting up early to do some diving my first of the trip. We took a hour boat ride to sail rock. a very nice site with an interesting swim through. Saw loads of fish and coral I won't go into details. We had two good dives. The next night there was a black moon party, I think on ko phangan they have a party regardless of what the moon is doing. Anyway we got talking to a brit girl in the taxi on the way who was with a load of americans so we had a few drinks with them and sat on the sand and waited for it to get going. It was then I spotted mel an aussie girl we got chatting to at the thai boxing. She's a right laugh so the three of us sat about and got drunk. When at the bar we found a way of bypassing the buckets altogether, we just bought a bottle of vodka, sprite and red bull, so we made our own. It was such a fun night and we were all up dancing. We rolled in very early,it was light that much i knew but little else. A very lazy time was had over the next two days, watching films and chilling out, Ben said he was off to ko tao next and i said that's where i off to. We booked a ticket for the high speed ferry to tao and would be leaving early the next day, we said goodbye to ko phangan sat in a bar and watched episodes of family guy. Brill.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb