Ko Pha Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to be more energetic and hired a double kayak for an hour to paddle round to the next two bays. The heat was excessive (although there was a nice breeze - unfortunately offshore, so we had to be careful not to be blown out to sea. I tried snorkelling at the furthest bay we reached but it was not as good as own our home reef. The hour went very quickly. We had to constantly navigate around underwater rocks. We tried a very cheap restaurant on the beach for delicious noodles for midday meal. We spent another afternoon on our beach - I saw the usual fish plus some eel-like creature disappearing into a rock crevice.

We booked a ferry and bus ticket to Phang Nga.

We couldn’t resist the Jungle Hut restaurant again for excellent fish - we asked for the name of the fish but couldn’t understand the Thai lady’s reply.

Our restaurant shows films on a large screen each evening and amazingly the evening offering was Borat which I really wanted to see. So we had a couple of beers back at the Cabana. The film was as good as I anticipated - the only part that made me a bit uncomfortable was when he stayed with the Jewish couple - I thought all the other targets were ripe for parody - but not the nice old Jewish couple. The remainder was hilarious.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb