Christmas the island way


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lipe
January 26th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

23.12.06, BKK, Thailand;

I am nervously standing at the international arrival gate, shifting my weight from one leg to the other and back. My feet and hands move uncontolled. Like I am listening to a fast and mind-spinning techno beat! But I am not, I am simply over excited, a little girl waiting for her santa (in my case Nina and her Mum).
But they take too long, by the time they arrive I have had to sit down (the last two days where unorganised, hectic and dominated by a lack of sleep).
Despite my exhaustion, I am fully back on--it feels so good to finally wrap your arms around a good old friend.

Another flight to Hat Yai (Air Asia, less than 75 $ for the 3 of us), a good-night-sleep and off we went to Pak Barra and further to Ko Lipe.
Even my desperate try to book a hut at Porn Resort failed, so we had to look around untill Kai offered us 2 rooms and a hut with an amazing view day after.

It was Christmas, we had a swim watched the beautiful sunset and got ready for our presents. An angel in "our tree" and the gifts were handed over. A crown top (Berliner Kindel) as pin for Nina, the angel for Nati and Hawaianas for me (used by Nati who discovered thongs don't have to be uncomfortable!).

Our days were lazy and nice. Our routine for 4 days got set to sleeping, reading, swimming and eating.
The island is so easy-going it get drive you nuts. As Mel and Co. were comming two weeks later, I tried to book an accomodation for them. 4 huts for a few days sounded attractive to me, but not to the locals. The "Porn"-lady did not get up from her banana chair, when I presented this opportunity to her. She wouldn't even open her eyes when I offered her to pay upfront for the first night. She simply turned around, making a statement. Not interested!

The island was followed by a few days of sight-seeing and shopping (what else?) in Bangkok. My months of living in the Lao Capital did not prepare me for that city. It is so huge even the criteria for a mega-city seemed antiquated!

It is the 30th. My Mum is coming. This time the excitement procedure started a few days before and wasn't as extreme (I was distracted as we ran late). When I rushed towards her, the others were still on the toilet. I started to believe in "dauterly instinct". Why should only mothers have this ability??? Anyhow, I ran, rushed to the loo and made it.

...it feels so good to finally wrap your arms around your good old MUM😉



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb