Ko Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
April 5th 2007
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We waved a fond farewell to Phi Phi and headed off to Ko Lanta. The boat trip would have been lovely if we hadn't been pestered by touts - instead of waiting on the pier for you they come on the boat ! eeeeeek !

Anyway, we had about 6 or 7 people speak to us - all of their places looked great which made it difficult to decide where to stay. We decided to look at two places. We ended up staying somewhere else totally different, just next door to the first place we looked at, saved money on transport...... he he :-)

We stayed in the beachfront bungalow at Lanta Emerald which was fab, we could see and hear the waves from our room and were no more than 20 metres from the sea, which was lovely and warm.... ahhhhhhhhhh, this is the life :-) We quickly got into the habit of having a beer on our balcony every evening watching the sun set (I am still drinking beer :-)). We have sinced moved to a better place, more in the next journal....


We are staying at Klong Khong beach which is a couple of beaches down from the main tourist area. This place will be hard to beat as it has the perfect vibe for us. There are about a dozen great restaurants along the beachfront and a few funky bars. I'm sure the photos won't do them justice, but believe me, this place is idyllic.

It is so good here that we have decided to extend our stay and have a bit of a holiday :-)

PS Happy Birthday Sis :-) Have a great day x

PPS Thank you sooooo much for your emails guys - keep in touch x


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Watching another sunset in the Majestic barWatching another sunset in the Majestic bar
Watching another sunset in the Majestic bar

A great bar on Khlong Khong beach, the Majestic bar is typical of the area, very rustic, great chilled tunes and friendly staff, even if he was addicted to Fifa on the playstation :-)
It wasn't just beerIt wasn't just beer
It wasn't just beer

Even though we are probably enjoying the super strong Chang beer a bit too much we have also liking the lovely ice coffees.
Has Sharon found heaven?Has Sharon found heaven?
Has Sharon found heaven?

Sharon was hoping it was made out of chocolate, but no it was just the colour :-)


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb