Ko Lanta & Railay


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 22nd 2009
Published: December 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived on Ko Lanta after an hour boat trip from Ko Phi Phi. We took the journey with our German friends Stephan and Steffi, planning to all stay in the same guest house.

Ko Lanta is a small island off the coast of Krabi all the beautiful white sandy beaches are reachable by motorbike. So we all hired ourselves a moterbikes for the few days we were there and bummed our way around the many beaches on the island. We even randomly bumped into another German couple we had met back in Phuket and met them for dinner a few nights which was lovely. with Mykal and I unable to mutter anymore than hello and thank you in German, our friends kindley spoke their perfect english instead.

Ko Lanta has a really nice laid back feel to it with bars and thai massage places lining the beaches (We all took advantage of both). We all felt very relaxed after our few Lazy days in ko Lanta and planned our next journey on to Railay.


Railay is off the coast of Krabi, although it isn't actually and island, you can only get to it by boat so feels very much like one. Therefore we took the ferry from Ko Lanta, from which a longtail boat collects you and takes you to shore, in typical a thai style crammed boat overflowing with bags & leaking water!!.

Railay has two very impressive beaches with typical west Thailand crystal clear & warm waters, which we have grown to love! surrounded by limestone cliffs and rock climbers taking advantage everywhere. Although we decided not to participate in rock-climbing (mainly because of the heat & the extreme heights!) we did do a good job of soaking up the sun on the beaches. We stayed in lovely bamboo huts just off the beach. Once again we enjoyed a lovely couple of days with our friends relaxing eating & drinking! Next off to Ko Phang - nga with our friends in time for the full - moon party.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb