Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 13th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is our third day on Koh Lanta. We came to this island by boat from Koh PhiPhi. It takes about one and a half hour. Our last night in the jungle became even more scary than we first thought. We saw a snake in front of our feet on the way to the beach. It was dark so and we spoted a brown snake with a flashlight which we brought with us. It wasn´t a very pleasan´t experiance!
We had Thai massage on the beach and it was really good, and cheap!

Here on Koh Lanta there is plenty of time to relaxe as well. We live in a hotel on the beach with the most beautiful seaview in front of our bed. We eat breakfast every morning on wonderful Café del Mar. A new favorite is the banana pancake with chocolate! Koh Lanta is a very calm place. There are not so many tourists. In the night when we have dinner on the restaurant terrasse we are often alone. Koh Lanta is little more exclusive in a way than Phuket. We have noticed by all pubs that the beach has also a touch of reagge style. There´s no place for people who are scared of dogs because the beach is full of non-owners dogs. Therefor, not so many cats, but we had a few around us last night when we ate supper in another restaurant at the beach. The sand is not that white like in Phuket so the water is not so clear. But the sunset is the best of all in the afternoon. We walk along the beach while the sun is setting. We haven´t been in town yet because we have everything we need here, some shops as well. We bought a couple of DVDs because when the heat is so strong at noon it´s to hot to be outside even in the shadow! We thought of going on an elephant-safari but we changed our mindes because we really just want to take it easy and spend the next days without any more adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb