23rd/24th Phuket - 25th/27th Ko Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 27th 2008
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

23rd
We landed at about 11 ish in Phuket. Feeling quiet tired we were accosted by many taxi drivers willing to take us to town for 400 bht!! We stayed strong and made our way to the bus which cost us 100 bht each. Much better. However halfway though the journey to Phuket town the taxi driver stopped at a travel agents and they tryed to make us book accomodation. Again we said no and hoped our email had been read at the Phuket Backpackers.

The driver then dropped us at On and On( The hostel where they filmed the beach) We said to him we dont want to stay here. (They had tryed to sell us a room at this place at the agents). I knew the Phuket Backpacker was really close so we said OK and he drove off. We checked in and this place was fantasic. It is only two years old and really clean dorm accomodation for 250bht a night. We decided not to get the ferry and stay an extra day and head to the beach.

24th
We got up early and headed to Kata beach. As it was a little grey and there were loads of sun loungers it kinda reminded me of spain. I was so happy to be on a beach. It only cost 30bht on the bus fron the hostel to the beach.Much cheaper than having a room on the beach.
With the group we met at the hostel we went for dinner and a few drinks. Great fun and tomorrow we are on the ferry to Ko Lanta.

25th
Wow Wow Wow. I've just got off the ferry to Ko Lanta and its beautiful. The ferry went via Phi Phi and maybe we should have stopped ther first but what the hell we can go back there if we want. Patrick and Justin collected us in the jeep they had hired. They drove us to the beach they were staying at and we looked for accommodation. We chose a place called CharleeBarLee and it was super cute. Our hut was called Chok Dee - Which means cheers in thai. Perfect.We hit the beach, had some food and met the boys for a swim. We then decided to have dinner out and the boys would collect us later.

We drove up to viewpoint and had a drink there.
view over the east of ko lantaview over the east of ko lantaview over the east of ko lanta

ko bu bu is behind my head
Amazing views of the east side of Ko Lanta. We then drove to khlong khong beach for dinner at moonlight bar. We sat at a table on the beach and we chose a white snapper to bbq for dinner. Yum. We then had a few more drinks at some other bars and then went back to the hut to bed.

26th.
Today was one of those boring days - It was very overcast and so I did my laundery and we booked our cookery school class for tomorroew and then snorkel trip to Ko Rok for friday. The boys went on a fishing trip and they said it was raining hard and the boat filled up with water. Haha they had to bail out the water. Im glad jess and I didnt go as im sure the boat would have sunk with 4 in it.

27th
We got up really early to do our cookery class. I learnt to make tom yum soup, pennang curry paste, green curry and glass noodle seafood salad. All delicious.
We then went to the internet cafe to catch up on emails and I found out Emma is going straight to Oz because of the protests she couldnt land in Thailand. Such a shame. Im not sure what to do now.
Tonight we are going to a party to see Job2Do. He sings this song that is played in all the bars here. Justin and Patrick have moved bungalows to Long Beach(Phra Ae)and so they collected us and we drank vodka at their bungalow before heading to the beachbar FunkyFish to watch the gig. We did a bucket at had a few beers. That was it. I was drunk again. I kept falling over and I blame on the sand not the booze.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb