Thailand - Life's a beach Ko Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
January 1st 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ko Lanta


Additional maps: Untitled

Well we made it out of India with no hitches. Arriving in Thailand is refreshing after being in India. It's the little things that are so much better such as: Taxi's having meters, The roads being good, there being street lighting and proper sewerage, toilets that work, no cowshit, and the list goes on.

We got a cheap flight from Bangkok to Phuket, so we had to overnight one night in Phuket town. The town was mildly interesting, but it was a good start to getting my tastebuds back. Next morning we moved onto the Island of Koh Lanta. What a great place this is. Bushy interior with beach huts and beach bars lining the beaches. Some of the beaches are a bit more resorty than others, but the one we are staying it is perfect for us. Ie: None of the American package tour crowd or the Scandanavian practical sandle brigade.

Our days have consisted of swimming, sunbathing, drinking at various beach bars, eating, and lazing in hammock. It hasn't always gone in that order either. Yesterday we did a boat trip out to Koh Rok for some snorkelling anf it was great... Like being in a real life aquarium with clown fish, tiger fish, and a vast array of other flourescent fish.

The Thai's are very cool people. Kun, Lap and O at our guesthouse have looked after us very well with a ready supply of beer and good thai food.

Anyway sitting here with sunburn and a mean hangover from some nasty tiquilla's, I'm coming to terms with the fact I will be home and back to work in 5 days time.

Oh well, I guess that's what life is..






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb