11th February 2011


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Chang
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was from 7 Eleven today - crabstick sandwich, yakult drink, yoghurt with cereal and pineapple from the fruit stall. We had a long Skype chat with Jessica and then laid on the beach. White Sands beach is aptly named, lots of fine white sand leading down to a warm sea. I finished my book, Mark went for a swim, Mark played with sand, Mark got bored so we went to Nua Beng for takeaway fishcakes for his lunch.

Then we went to an internet cafe to book an early flight home which proved not as easy as we thought. Now all stressed we went and floated in the sea. We had a lengthy wade through warm, clear water before we were far out enough to turn and contemplate Koh Chang. The white beach is lined with palm trees and bamboo huts, and beyond them, the jungly hills rise greenly to the deep blue sky. We hid in the sea and floated around to wherever the waves took us for about an hour.

We went upmarket for dinner tonight and dined at Thors (mentioned in a quality English newspaper). Thors is well placed on the beach and is run by a very friendly camp Thai man. I had the Yellow Curry with pineapple, tofu and vetetables, Mark has the Masaman Curry with potato, onion and chicken. Both the dishes were creamy and very delicious. The background music playing was the right tone and this restaurant is a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of the restaurants on the main street. More expensive by £4, but worth it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb