Last day in Khoa Sok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
August 30th 2017
Published: September 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday
Our last day here and we boarded the longtail boat at 7.0 to go hunt wild elephants.
There is an old elephant that lives alone in a particular area and we went to see if we could find him. We sat in the boat listening and then heard a crashing sound coming through the trees. We listened for a long time hearing him treading down the bamboo breaking it and chewing on it. The elephant was definitely there and finally George did get a glimpse of him. At least me and the kids heard him which we loved.
We went back to the floating huts and we went out in the kayaks again to the rope swing and played for a while. The kids had such fun.
Then lunch and time to sadly leave and head back to the pier. It was such a wonderful ride through the limestone mountains - quite breathtaking. It made us feel quite emotional. So sad to leave.
The mini bus took us back to the airport and we caught our flight to Bangkok and back to The Amara Hotel. It was wonderful to take a hot shower. We ate in the roof bar and me and the kids got an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb