Day Seven


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day Seven - Phi Phi to Koh Sok



The alarm went off at 6:00am so we could start packing and getting ready to leave for the taxi longboat that takes us to the main town from the resort at 8:00am. We thought the ferry left Phi Phi for Krabi at 10:30 but when we got there at 8:45 we were told it was 9:00! So we quickly bought our tickets and jumped on the ferry just in time. We sat inside this time as the sky was looking a bit grey - the journey took 2 hours and when we arrived in Krabi we were decided that we were going to get a taxi to the general bus station and just hop on the bus to Koh Sok.........we were told at the ferry port at krabi that you have to get the 6 hour bus to Surat Thani and then onto another bus that takes about 2 hours to Koh Sok!! The other option was to buy a minibus ticket to travel straight to koh sok which takes about 2 hours. Even though our judgement is pretty crap we decided that this was obvs the best solution. We were taken by taxi to a open shack construction full of other backpackers waiting for similar bus journeys. We didn't need to worry or wait long as a mini bus pulled up and we hopped aboard along with other people and started our 2 hour journey. When we arrived which is in the middle of no where!! we were taken to our resort which was all wooden huts again and a wooden plank walkway through to the restaurant and other areas all surrounded by lush green plants and loud animal noises! Our hut is really cute with hot showers which is soooo good as the Phi Phi ones were always cold. We had some lunch quickly then decided to do one of the trips that the resort offers which was tubing down the river!! (sitting on big rubber rings!) this was soooo much fun and lasted about an hour. Its alot cooler here than anywhere else that we have been since arriving which made it easier to wear full length leggings to dinner so the mozzys didn't bite my ankles again! Mat has really sore bites on the backs of his arms i think from yesterdays expedition which im convinced he has had an allergic reaction to - he is putting on lots of cream and they seem to be easing slightly. Its very quiet here there is hardly anyone around apart from a group of Danish people. The staff are really nice there is a young boy who pretty much does everything and he speaks good English which helps.

x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb