My time in Thailand is almost up...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
June 25th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well im actually in Bangkok right now at the end of my 4 weeks in Thailand...

Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Railay - Koh Phi Phi - Koh Phan Ngan (Haad Yuan, Haad Rin - Full moon party) - Kao Sok (orphanage) - Bangkok.

The 10 others on this trip have made things in Thailand an adventure everynight. In no particular order... (same order as it is in the facebook group).

GUIDES David & Ben

Chandra - aka. Flash
Darla
Desirae
Travis
Bryce
Jocelyn
Amanda
Jonathan

The last full day we had in Kao Sok was spent at an orphanage. Words can't describe the emotions going through everyone this day. All the children were a little hesitant to play with us too start off with. Until i picked one up and started the piggy back rides. This started the 2.5 hours we had with hundreds of happy children. Playing games like duck duck goose and soccer you can see the smiles and cheer we brought to them. Of course on the way to Kao Sok we stopped off at a supermarket to buy stuff like soccer balls, pens, pencils, notebooks, anything that can be used for learning or playing as a group. Even the teachers when we showed up had the greatest smiles. Not too sure how others felt but it was almost like we were Hollywood actors when all the kids asked us for our names on a piece of paper. Some even asking for our phone numbers or to draw pictures for them. Saying and waving goodbye to the kids was probablly the hardest thing we all had to do for this whole time together.

We spent 4 weeks partying, laying on a beach, cleaning a beach of garbage that people can't pick up for themselves, riding elephants, watching tigers, experiencing the Thai culture to the extreme. Although the 2.5 hours at the orphanage brought the whole Thailand experience together. It was even better that this was our last stop before going back to Bangkok via the night train. Thank goodness for sleeping pills.

Now being on the internet less then 12 hours away from watching the group and some amazing friends leave for the airport it kinda feels that a little family is being seperated. We depended on eachother for 4 weeks, which isn't even a long time but you can only imagine what we all experienced within these 4 weeks. Our last dinner and party together as a big group is then than 3 hours away... CHEERS TO A WONDERFUL TRIP in THAILAND.

I wished we had more time with the other group Mel, Evan, Rob, Allie, Mac, Alyssa, Susanne, Derek, Karlee, Booke, and Kim. Can't forget TJ as well.

Brittney and Whitney the two that stayed late from the previous month. Along with Kim. Thank you for taking me out the first night and breaking me in... GIN AND TONIC BUCKETS... Many of those to follow... Maybe i teach the Canadians in UK during Canada day this wonderful way to drink.

Apparently i'm staying in Bangkok until Friday. Forgot this when i booked my ticket. LOL... I wish all of you great flights home and hopefully in the future we can all meet up for buckets again. As for me i still have a few days left in London.

Thank you Beach Travellers for 4 weeks of adventure in Thailand.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb