Khao Sok and Trouble


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arts Riverview LodgeArts Riverview LodgeArts Riverview Lodge

Our neighbours.
Well we are now in Ao Nang, enjoying some very balmy weather. We just spent the last couple of days in Khao Sok. A very beautiful place, surrounded by mountains and wildlife. Our rooms were quite comfortable as well. I am glad to report that Jenn is feeling much better after a few days rest.
We went on a short 6 km total trek into the National Park but did not have enough time to explore further. This is the kind of place you could spend a week in and really see some wonderful scenery. The town itself is very laid back w lots of travellers just lazing around. We spotted tarantula nests all along the trail. I tried coaxing them out, but they were wise to me, and only poked there legs out for a second. So, no good pictures.
Overall, it has been a very good spot for Jenn to recuperate. All though....
Warning to the parents...Jenn and I were offered something you might not be happy about. We arrived near the gates of Khao Sok National Park, and were offered the opportunity to get a traditional Thai tattoo. This is a done by hand w bamboo and needles.
Khao SokKhao SokKhao Sok

Great Scenery
We were very careful to check on the place and made sure that the needles were fresh as well as the ink. We both got tattoos w sayings spelled in Thai lettering. I got mine in the older script because of where it was put.
The Thais also think my tattoo is funny, because the saying is something they were brought up learning. It is tham dii, dai dii, tham chua, dai chua...which means good actions bring good results, bad actions bring bad results... the basic rules for kharma.
We are both very happy w them. It was quite the experience getting them...lots of people watching.
Tonight we are off to spend a night at a homestay w a Muslim family who run a rubber plantation. Should be interesting. We had no idea of the recent bombings in the south ( of which we are no where near, even though we are in the south). We will update again soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Khao SokKhao Sok
Khao Sok

Great Scenery
TattooTattoo
Tattoo

Finished product!
TattooTattoo
Tattoo

Finished product!


23rd February 2007

I knew Jenn would get a tatoo one of these days. But what does hers say? Love Mom and Dad
23rd February 2007

Glad to hear from you guys
Really glad to get your message this morning. I was starting to do that mom thing. We'll talk about the tattoos when you two get home. Be safe, Mom

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb