last day in Khao Lak


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Lak
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Started off with brekky and lay on the beach for a bit – looked a bit like rain so headed down the beach and had a thai massage – haven’t had this particular one before – geez! It was mostly pummelling, squeezing, pushing and stretching – couldn’t relax as I kept wondering what the hell was coming next! Felt a bit like I had done a work out by the time I finished…. Don’t think I want another one of those too soon. Still didn’t look particularly beachy weather so we headed into town to get hair cuts…. Found a hairdresser – had full head of highlights and cut and blow dry for the equivalent of 27AUD!! Ok – so it is a bit short… had a bit of trouble with the English again, but happy with the shape and it will grow! Worth every penny! Then we had the most delicious thai lunch and came back and lazed on the beach and swam.

Went down to the massage place again, this time to fetch our washing (done for 2AUD/kg) and got chatting to the owner of the place – such a nice man and so interesting – he was telling us his story of surviving the tsunami – he was a manager of a very large hotel – such an incredible story of survival and how his hair turned grey overnight – the whole thing made him take a new look on life and he is now just running a small little place and enjoying life much more. His main message of the story was how it had renewed his faith in mankind and how wonderful it was to see all people from all different nations and walks of life pulling together to help each other in the time of need. His most interesting fact was after the first wave, with the total shock and disbelief, how people ran on to the beach searching for their loved ones and yelling, shouting names and wailing…. Then the second wave came and he said after that wave they were all washed away and there was such an eerie silence. Anyway – we had a couple of drinks and chatted to him before coming back to get changed and finished off the day with the most delicious and romantic dinner on the beach in front of our hotel – (decided to have our first beef steak since we left Oz) – it was cooked beautifully but we both felt like we had totally overeaten afterwards – amazing how thai food does not leave you feeling bloated and heavy after a meal. A walk on the beach to get rid of the fullness was the perfect end to the Khao Lak holiday and we are off early to Phuket airport tomorrow for the next adventure.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb