Today, we went elephant trekking through the jungle


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Chalong
November 16th 2006
Published: November 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all, just a quick one

We've just finished a rather unique experience........

Annie the elephant took us on her back, for an afternoon's stroll around the jungle. Neither of us had ever been on an elephant before, so we were quite keen to have a go. We had no idea what a scary experience this would be....to start with at least. You have no idea how high up it feels to be on an elephant (the fact that you have to climb on a ten foot tower to board the elephant should have given it away I guess!) We were a tad worried about the weight distribution and the seat falling off (picture Jackie sitting next to Chris on a seat held on by some loose ropes!) Add some very steep terrain through close jungle and you probably get the idea.

All the elephants seem to be treated very well; apparently they can lug tons of timber around so our weight was nothing to them. The guides sing to them the whole way round, as they say the elephants like this - not to be outdone, Jax gave Annie a little rendition of nellie the elephant too!

Hope you enjoy the pics, speak to you all soon,
C & J :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



17th November 2006

Fantastic
Hello Friends I have to say looks amazing, but rather you than me though!! Sounds like you are having an amazing time, and very busy. look forward to hearing all about it. xxxx
17th November 2006

Thats Bizzare
Thats Bizare, coz we were looking out of our back bedroom window and there was an African Elephant in your garden!!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb