Making C.A.N.A.D.A Food Please!


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It' s really terribly funny when you are asked to entertain 35 children by making Canadian food for the afternoon.

First of all, what the heck do you define Canadian food as exactly?

Second, how are you supposed to find the ingredients and cooking equipment when most things in Canada are cooked in an oven that doubles as a secondary source of heat for your cold winter house?

i finally settled on egg salad sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches and carmelized apples.

My British parent will kill me for suggesting that egg salad (thoroughly British I am told) is Canadian, but without pure maple syrup and smoked salmon, I was kind of stuck for ideas.

So we put together a joyous assembly line of bread cutting, apples coring, egg mashing and onion pounding fun.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but it was terribly fun and a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

The final word however, was a solid "Mai Arroy" (NOT delicious)from Pee Kop. Nan just kind of smiled though the discomfort of swallowing his egg salad. I opted for the thai leftovers for lunch thanks.....
:-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

making cut out bread making cut out bread
making cut out bread

This was a make work project for the really little ones. It actually turned out to be a good idea. The little sandwiches that resulted were the perfect size
Love the cutting boards here...Love the cutting boards here...
Love the cutting boards here...

bringing some home as they cost 69 baht and are solid slices of teak tree.


Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb