Life of Riley!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
June 27th 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left beautiful Phi Phi for Krabi we even got to watch The Beach on the boat - again! Once at Krabi port we had to decide whether to go to Railay beach or Ao Nang, we chose the latter on account of it being cheaper. The taxi driver took us to a few guesthouses and bungalows but they were quite run down so we asked to be dropped in town and we would find our own place and we were so glad we did. We went into the first place we saw but were told the rooms were 750 bht a night, we managed to get them down to 550bht and then went to see the room. It was amazing, just like a 4star hotel room back home, the bathroom was very clean and had 2 showers, there was a fridge, mini bar and kettle - yeh cups of tea! More importantly a TV and a balcony. We loved this place and the bonus was it had a secluded a swimming pool - we had hit the jackpot! Because it was our last place we thought we would just chill out for a few days. One day we did catch the public bus to Krabi town. It was not really for tourists and was full of locals which was good, had a look around the shops and had a traditional thai lunch - KFC.

On our last night we treated ourselves to a foot massage, it was really nice until the point where she dug a blunt stone into the arch of our feet quite hard. Apart from this it was great. They even massaged our head, neck and shoulders at the end. Amy's little thai girl was more brutal than Ollies, she managed to hit every verterbrae in her spine, which although a bit painful at the time she felt great afterwards. After our fantastic stay in Krabi it was time to head North. So we booked the crappy overnight bus again to Bangkok. Off to the north we go...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb