Thai Adventures, part seven...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
November 30th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A Week At The Sea Side!!


Monday morning we set off for our journey south. One plane journey to Bangkok and another to Krabi and we had arrived at our destination. We had booked the hotel only last Friday and got a really good deal on a last minute. Once we arrived and stepped into the room we realised that we not only got a great deal but that we had been up-graded. Yes I have found my hot shower! We also have a bath on our balcony.
The weekend was tiring as I continued the massage and on Sunday I got my Thai foot massage certificate. The massage is really lovely to give and receive and I look forward to giving it when I get home. Saturday evening we had a lovely meal on the Chiang Mai river side. Sunday we went to the walking market which was an assault on all the senses, food, music, loads of people, a great buzz.
Krabi, where we are now staying is down on the south west coastline of Thailand. It's a lovely resort but unfortunately we are unable to see it at it's best due to the weather. It has been overcast and showery all week but never mind we have still had a nice time. We went on a boat trip to Koh Phi Phi one day and did some fantastic snorkeling around the boat and saw some amazing fish, wish I had an underwater camera, you will have to take my word for it! We have just generally had a really relaxing week which was the plan after last week and before next. Our hotel room has been so lovely we have spent a lot of time in it, ordering room service and watching dvd's which has been great.
Next week the plan was to go back to Bangkok and onto Hong Kong tomorrow. Due to all the trouble in Bangkok with the protesters our flight has been cancelled. With a lot of planing and reorganising we are now going to Hong Kong first by bus, then a few hours ferry journey to Langkawi, Malaysia.We then catch a plane to Kuala Lumpur were we have booked a hotel room near the airport which we pay for by the hour. The following day we fly to Hong Kong a day late and a long way round but we really have
The rain coming in...The rain coming in...The rain coming in...

thankfully we were on our way back in land by this stage!
no choice,still it's all part of the adventure. My next head ache could be getting to Australia as my original plan was to return to Bangkok next Sunday to catch my flight to Sydney but as the protesters looks like they are in for the long haul I shall keep you posted on that one....
I just have to add a respectful pause for all those people who have just lost their lives in Mumbai. It's so awful and feels quite strange having been outside the Taj hotel on my last day in India and we had our last meal in the Leopold cafe where people were shot. A needless loss of life, it's so tragic...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



30th November 2008

Thailand farewell
After all your hard work on the massage courses we are glad you have had a well deserved restful week in Krabi (in spite of the weather). After a week of turmoil in Mumbai and now the unrest in Bangkok you have been very much in our minds. Your closing thought provoking comment made us share your emotion. All our love always Mum and Dad xxx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb