Jungle Trekking Hell!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jungle FunJungle FunJungle Fun

Long Neck Tribes
Hi Guys....so the last 4 days...wow what to say...i will keep it short but oh my god (or oh my Buddah as they say over here) what a culture shock we have had. On Thursday we were up early to go on a day trip to see the golden triangle, go to Loas and see the long neck and big ear tribes....what we werent told was that it would be 13 hours of sitting on a bus and only about an hour in total of seeing the things we had paid for...this was not very enjoyable and to top it off we had the most annoying, horrible Americanm man sat next to us who loved the sould of his own voice and spoke at us for most of the 13 hours! The tribes themselfs were our first big culture shock...but that was nothing compared to what we saw on the jungle trek!! We did go with 2 lovely guys from Brighton called Adam and Tom though who made things a lot more enjoyable.

After a long day of sitting on a bus we were up early again on Friday to go Jungle Treking...We rode elephants which was lovely but not nice to see the huge chains round their neck..the trek was huge we walked for miles and miles...in the rain...the waterfalls were lovely....the huts we were staying in not so...by the end of it we werte shattered, wanting to get out of there and smelling awful!! Poor kell had the worst injury with a big cut on her knee from falling over the tretious rocks and mud slides we had to walk through for hours and hours which they lied to us and kept saying 'only one more hour' when in fact we need to trek for another 3!! - do not trust anything they say is our new moto!! She also has and all over body rash from we think the ants ( i have given her some piriton - thank you mummy!!), we both have blisters and bites but it was an experience...we wil NEVER do it again but wer are proud to say we did it - especially as we spoke to a group of guys from Newcastle last night who ended up getting the guide to take them back on the second day as they just could not hack all the walking and horrible conditions! Adam and Tom from Brighton came with us again on the trek and thank god they did cause they kept uis some what sane!! I have up loaded some pictures (i hope) but have loads more.

Today has been really nice just relaxing and having our first free day of nothing to do!! Its been bliss and felt for the first time that we are away and on holiday...we met up with our friend Corrie from back home for lunch and will see her again later....we have had a Thai massage which was lovely and very relaxing and i cant wait for another one!!

Any way best go...my keeping oit shoprt has turned into an essay...i will appologise for my spelling and grammer mistakes but i do not have enough time to re-read this email and check it all!! Kells sends her love and says she will write later in the week.

Love to you all!! Sj xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

1st day of trek1st day of trek
1st day of trek

waterfalls
1st day of trek1st day of trek
1st day of trek

Dinner Time!
3rd day3rd day
3rd day

Spit Roast Pig for dinner!!
3rd day3rd day
3rd day

Local Tribe Chidren sang for us - we gave them money which paid for their teacher to go to the city to buy books, pencils and equiptment for the school
Night back after Trek!!Night back after Trek!!
Night back after Trek!!

We met friends Juliet, Pete and Rufus from home for lots of drinking to celebrate the fact we made it back alive!!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb