Riding Day 6. Rest Day in Nan (0 Miles ??)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Nan
November 14th 2015
Published: November 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

สวัสดี S̄wạs̄dī - Hello from Nan, Thailand! Today was a much needed rest day at a lovely resort in Nan, Thailand. So we rested until about noon...... then we got the itch to do a little ridding. I forgot to mention in my last post, that we changed tour guides. Noah, our last tour guide rode back to Chiang Mai with the departing group from yesterday. Our tour guide is now Kay and he was NOT at all up for riding on a rest day. But, as persuasion would have it, he caved and we went for a two hour ride anyway. He did make us pay for our own gas though. So after two hours of riding and about 140 baht ($3.90) later we returned back to our resort and prepared for an evening out in the city of Nan.

Tomorrow, we will be adding a few new riders to our group. Joining us will be a couple from Germany, one individual rider from Greece, and an individual rider from Switzerland. So this evening at dinner, we had a "meet-and-greet" with the new riders and ate the spiciest food of the trip so far. After dinner, we stopped off
Street VendorStreet VendorStreet Vendor

Against my better judgement, and after partaking in a few local beverages, I decided to eat dried squid from a mobile (bicycle) street vendor. By the looks of the street vendor, I think even he was a bit surprised. Not sure if that was a good idea, but only time will tell.
at a local bar, and partook in a few local beverages. Oh.. and I also ate some dried squid from a mobile (bicycle) street vendor. Not sure if that was a good idea, but only time will tell.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Signing the Chinese LanternSigning the Chinese Lantern
Signing the Chinese Lantern

All riders at the meet-and-greet signed the lantern before lighting and releasing it.
Chinese Lantern LightingChinese Lantern Lighting
Chinese Lantern Lighting

We lit and released a Chinese Lantern with the new riders during our meet-and-greet diner.


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb