Culture Capital


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand
January 15th 2005
Published: January 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

11 and 1/2 hours, 320 pages of another Dan Brown book, a couple of short flicks on the hand held movie player (iriver) and we landed in Chang Mai.
Expecting something a little different than Bangkok and we got it, other than the train station. Once getting off the train it is a mad scramble with people yelling at you to get in their Tuk tuk or "cab". The cab is in quotes because we ended up in the back of a guys actual car.
At any rate that is where it changed. All the excitment and commotion that is everywhere in Bangkok is gone and it is very peaceful and calm. Don't get me wrong people want to sell you things, but they are a lot calmer and easier going about it.
This will be the last entry for a few days, as we are off tomorrow morning for a 3 day 2 night jungle trek near the Myanmar border. This places we are going, we were assured that this compnay is the only one that goes there, so it will not be filled with tourists, will see.
This is the place to come for things to do, we will do this trek, then we will take a day or two cooking course, followed by a bungy jump, and before we leave a trip to a snake and monkey farm. I will post more pictures later.
Mom send money already, how many times do I have to ask?
PS for those of you that have not reasd the Da Vinci code, you should and then follow it up with Demons and Angels, and I have also read Digital fortress, all by Dan Brown and really good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb