We're here


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand
November 21st 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well folks we finaly got off and here we are in Chiang Mai. (Sorry we can't send any piccies yet but the computer won't download from our camera. Don't worry, you'll soon be bored ****less when we can send them).

Anyway, we arrived in Bangkok late afteroon on the 15th and found it to be as scruffy a city as either of us has ever seen. Stayed at a place called the Atlanta, which was a real throwback and quite basic, (actually it gets upgraded to basic next year) but it had a great atmosphere and was clean. The restaurant there was superb too and the prices unbelievable. Visited the Grand Palace, did a river cruise and went to a local culture show at a place called the Rose Garden. Traffic horrendous, place a filthy concrete mess but you have to see it.

Took the night train to Chiang Mai, way up north in our own compartment, which was a fabulous experience, had dinner & brekkie served to us and arrived about an hour and a half late. (See its not only British rail). Were picked up by the people from the Libra guest house, where we are staying and found it to be a really nice place. Have done a bit of walking and taken a couple of Tuc Tuc's to see places and vsited the brilliant night market a couple of times.

Did a cookery course which was excellent and are hopefully going trekking tomorrow, (if Steve's dicky tummy permits).

Will keep in touch.

Love to all

Janet & Steve XXX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb