sat day 92


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
April 29th 2015
Published: April 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Allowing myself a lay in and an easy start to the day i then walked round to the bus station to catch a bus to sukhathai. Getting on a locals bus with the locals ( also sharing it with 2 men from Belgium who insisted on chatting away to me in a mixture of Dutch and Thai - neither of which i understood! But quite sweet all the same.) I arrived just over an hour later to get on what seemed like a waiting Tuk Tuk ( i was the only tourist) to take me to my hotel. After changing to the hotel next door, one with a hot shower - that worked! And after unpacking and having a chat with the nice lady owner i walked down to the main street to catch another bus to the old city. After waiting for what seemed like ages - there are no timetables here! One finally arrived and 10 minutes later i was at the walled old city ( it's a walled old city within an old city - sukhathai also has a new city!). Paying a small entrance fee and being given a map i had a wander around. Within beautiful grounds were temples, lakes and statues and after an hour or 2 i had seen and photographed most of them. Stopping off for a drink and catching the last bus back towards the hotel, once there i had a nice dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb