First bus trip in Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
March 8th 2010
Published: March 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got MRT to station near BK bus terminal. Unfortunately got a bit lost at this point and had to flag a taxi to take us rest of the way. Taxi guy was freaky, creepy with long hair and nail and his car smelled of pump, he also ripped us off pah. Anyhoo once at terminal we got tickets to Sukhothai no probs and grabbed some 7-11 grub. Bus was 100% better than those in India as was the journey itself- it had air con, a comfy seat and luggage space 😊 Took about 7hrs.

They have some very odd modes of transport here and to get to our guesthouse in Sukhothai we got in something that I can only describe as the weakest motorbike ever with a trailer containing seats strapped to its front- at least with rickshaws you knew if you went so would the driver, here they could plough you into another vehicle and come off unscathed! There were loads of mozzies about and they wee hurtling off our faces as we hurtled along in the bizarre wagon.

The guesthouse owners are possibly the 2 nicest people ever, so friendly and helpful and or room is so good esp for the price (250Bh). Had (yet another) delicious meal in the guesthouse cafe and a wander to the 7-11 where Rob attracted some girl fans, giggling and slyly taking his pic heheh. Robby (aka The Stud) loved his curry so much that tomorrow nights tea can't come quick enough for him.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb