A city of ruins


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

A 6hr bus ride and we're making our way South again. In its prime this city was the centre of rule in Thailand. These days it's a city of ruins that stretch over a vast area. Fortunately you can hire bikes to get around and see everything......Dan insisted that we have the "Turbo Choppers" and not just the standard shoppers!! (The turbo on mine didn't seem to be working after the previous 2 days trekking though!)

So we spent the whole day yesterday riding around and racing each other....oh yeah, and being cultural and viewing the magnificent ruins! We also ventured off into the countryside which was a nice relief....bright green rice paddies, houses on stilts, beautiful flowers and massive butterflies (bigger than your hand - amazing!).

Today we're just chilling until our bus back to Bangkok, which leaves at 11pm......we'll then spend a few days in Kanchanaburi (home to the famous Bridge over the River Kwai) and then we fly to Vietnam (as long as our visas and passports are still at the embassy when we return to Bangkok...eeek!!) We'll do Southern Thailand later on!

Hope everone's ok, missing you all loooaaaddddssss!!
xxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Beautiful flower arrangements...Beautiful flower arrangements...
Beautiful flower arrangements...

...made from folded palm leaves
House on stilts...House on stilts...
House on stilts...

...With rice garden
Peter Pan's "Lost Boys"..Peter Pan's "Lost Boys"..
Peter Pan's "Lost Boys"..

...How many can you count??!!!


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb