Relaxed little Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
July 9th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We love Pai seems to be the theme in this small hippy town. We took a mini bus from Chiang Mai 3 hours to Pai. I was very luck to get to sit in the front since I get car sick. I was also very lucky to have a driver that was slow on the turns, so it never became a problem.

When we arrived we walked around looking for a place to stay and ended up at Riverside. They are very nice AC rooms, 3 people 600 B. not too bad split between us. It's definitely a place where walking around will get you the best deal.

The first night we spent just getting acclimated to the area. Everything is in walking distance which is nice. This place has a really chill vibe. For some reason it reminds me of burning man in ways. The random music, the relaxing pillows all around, people walking about in comfy pants, the motor biking no cars in certain parts, feels like biking around burning man. it's nice.

The second day I signed up for yoga at Mam's yoga studio. It's been a blast. She is a really mellow lady. Has been doing yoga for 42 years and just wants to pass her wisdom on to her students before she passes. She even taught us how to do a hand stand, which prior to today I didn't know how to properly do. Also, after all sessions she gave us little rice crackers, bananas and fresh basil tea to enjoy.

We also rented motor bikes and cruised around looking for wat's and waterfalls. We were taken to a small empty road to learn. The only instruction I was given is, here is front break, here is rear break, here is the kick stand and here is throttle...go. It was pretty amusing, But I picked it up quick. It was really fun and I'm happy to say I've returned it without a scratch on me.

Overall Pai has been a very fun, mellow place to just sit and play a game of Jenga while sipping Chai, or being active and seeking out beautiful scenery. A nice stop on the travel path indeed.

Next up... Hopefully the floating markets .





Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb