Welcome to the Jungle


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
October 12th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello...

it's been a hot minute since my last post....

I went to Ko Toa and did a scuba dive, where 2 fish ate the scab off my leg from my 'fire jump rope' burn. Then i spent the next 4 days laying around, reading, sunbathing, took a yoga class, and got drunk a few times...

Then i left Ko Toa and headed back to Bangkok for a night before catching the night train to Chaing mai (north thailand) the next evening...When i was in Bangkok i bought a guitar so she's my new travel companion.

Got to chaing mai, stayed one night before doing the 3 day, 2 night jungle trek.

The trek was amazing. Pretty intense in places (for instance when we had to walk over a single fallen tree trunk, which was wet and about a foot wide, with nothing to hold on to, over a river that was about 10 meters in length. If you fall, you get swept away into rocks. And this is 2 days walk into the jungle, so getting help wouldn't be easy.) The days are spent treking, the evenings are spent staying with Hill Tribes (who live in the jungle with no electricity, or any home comforts)...we stayed in bamboo huts with wild pigs and cows roaming around! (i've uploaded all my lomo pics onto facebook now so check out my 'lomo - thailand' albums!!! - i have loads of pics from the treks)...

After the 3rd day of treking we went on an elephant ride, and then on bamboo rafts floating down the river...both we're cool, but nothing to write home about (gotta love the irony). We (our group of 12 or so) celebrated the end of our jungle trek by ordering a McDelivery (yes - macdonalds deliver in thailand!) before going out to a wicked bar and club. We ended up back at our hostel at about 6am, and jumping in the swimming pool before getting thrown out after people started to complain...so we decided to carry on drinking till the pool re-opened (8.30 am) and carry on the party then....which me and Bob (one of the irish guys) did...again, check my facebook pics!

so now i'm in Pai (3 hours north or Chaing mai) which is a little hippy town, and i love it here! I stayed last night and am staying again tonight before heading back to Chain mai to catch the 2 day boat into loas....

Today i rented a moped and have been cruising around, and ended up going to the 'hot springs' which are natural springs (the source being 80 degrees C!)...

anywho, cant think what else has been happening...i've been having a great time.

Hope everyone back home is well and speak to you soon

and check my facebook pics!!! (the lomo ones!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb