Day 10 - 13


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Mae Hong Son
October 23rd 2006
Published: October 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wow it's going really fast!!! started a massage course on the 10th October, i was meant to pay 500 baht for 6 hours a day and i only recieved 3 hours on the 1st day, i wasnt very happy so i was going to go back the next day and pay for the 1 day and not follow on!
That evening Sam decided it would be a good idea to go white water rafting and the trip left the next day so we booked and paid for it, i was so nervous and excited!
So the next morning we woke up at 8.30 when we were meant to meet then, thanks to me! i had to run down and make sure they didnt leave without us and Sam quickly packed his stuff!! But it was ok we werent too late! i actually forgot to go and pay for the massage course i had done as we were so busy and rushed/1 but i am hoping to go back to Pai and sort the money out as and when i have the chance, so maybe in a month or 2!!!
The rafting trip was amazing! On the 1st day it was soft rapids and just good to see the amazing scenery and get used to rafting, i still found it scary though! We stopped off for lunch and a few places along the way, We stopped at a long line of waterfalls!! Sam showered in the waterfall and jumped off a branch into the river...yes the nice brown river!!
We got to camp early evening, we were met by 3 yellow monkeys! 1 big, i medium and 1 small! they were so cute but you couldnt handle them they would probably bite you!!!
This canadian couple, Jamie and Amanda were really nice ! Jamie was biten by the biggest monkey as the monkey took Jamies camera and Jamie went to grab it back and the monkey bite him really hard and started trying to attack him, thank god the biggest monkey was on a lead!
We went for a 20 minute walk to some tiger caves along a river! Inside the aves was a waterfall where you could shower, best power shower i've ever used!!!
I slipped over all the time on the way there and back, so our 2 guides had to hold my hand the whole way!!!
That night we had a lovely dinner cooked for us and a camp fire made, where Sam took the opportunity to play his guitar!
I had an early night as i was petrified about the next day as they tell you that someone has died before and someone will always fall off the raft!!!
So the next morning we wake up, not having much a good nights sleep as there was lots of bugs and it was really really hot! Had a nice breakfast and started our days rafting!!
Remembering i was petrified!!!!!!!
It wasnt so bad to begin with but they kept telling us it was going to get worse!!!
We stopped at baby hot springs! the sand was too hot to stand on and we had to keep our sandals on! this is where we found the dead spider and pretended i was about to eat it!
We then went up and had the biggest rapids, i actually loved it, can you believe it!?
No one fell off and it was such good fun! at one point amanda and me had to drop our bottoms in the raft and let the boys paddle as it was a huge rapid then a 2 metre drop!!!
We stopped for some lunch on some rocks and this is where sam done the 7m jump from the rocks!!...there was no way i could have jumped it!!! it looked enormous!
By this point the rapids had pretty much finished and everyone swam along next to the raft .... ok i did for about 2 minutes then remembered the guide tell me about big fish that bite and i quickly jumped back in the raft to safety with all my limbs in tact!!!
We ended the raft dirty and tired but so pleased i had done it!!!
We then stayed in Mae Hong Son for two nights! Its bigger thn Pai here but not such a busy night life, although we found a thai band in a pub which Sam loved!!!
Leaving tonight to go back to Chaing Mai for a few days until Sam's camera arrives!!!
Lots of Love, Leanne and Sam xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb