i'm going to need a jewlery box, a closet extension and probably some type of industrial storage facility....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone


so its been a few days but dont you worry i'm still alive and kicking....

so remember that last day i said i might go to the night bazaar?!!? DID I EVER!!!

omg...if you a male or just generally uninterested in the sweet satisfaction of getting something for a ridiculously good price please skip down to the next paragraph....for the rest of you.... OMMMMG! its the only word i can really use to describe it...they have everything....silks, scarves, handicrafts...i even found a stand with MAC makeup...o ya the real thing just seconds...and i'll gladly take seconnds when a blush, duo eyeshadow, 2 lip glasses and 2 brushes (one mac and one chanel) yeild a grand total of like 30 dollars!!!!!!! ahh! DONT YOU WISH YOU WERE HERE?!?!?! and the knock offs...dear lord the knock offs are FANTASTIC!!!! ..they're beautiful! i fell in love with a chanel purse the other day i didn't buy it then but i'm forever searching for it again.....but if not there are plenty of other (prada, d and g, louis vuitton) fishies left...

ok so the past few days goes like this... i went elephant riding through the jungle the other day...then we went to a tribal village. and met the tribe...from there we went to anothher tribe for a visit...unfortunately we do get swarmed with people trying to sell us complete and utter shit (you should see the technicolour hats they try and get you to buy...) and you just feel so guilty....anyways after that we went to this famous temple in chiang mai which apparently you MUST go to if you ever say you've been to chiang mai...these temples are absolustely beautiful....i still can't get over it... the night we hit up the night bazaar again...ugh...i'm still on a high...

the next day we went up north to go stay in a hilltribe village for the night....we took a local bus up there....in asia things are quite different..like their buses...the bus looks normal but there are three numbers on the seat...one for each person thats suppose to sit in the seat...ya....3 people...one bus bench seat...its not big or anything just a normal bus bench seat possibly smaller....anyways the asian population on the bus were not impressed either that they had to squeeze into the seats with 2 of us HUGE westerners taking up almost the whole seats....anyways for 4 hours went by slowly but after that we took a long boat down the river to our homestay where we stayed with the village people... it wasn't as inviting as the fijian village i stayed it but it was good..w.e went swimming in the river (fully clothed so that we didn't reveal our legs or shoulders).... and then just hung out and went to bed pretty early...

this morning i woke up in time to see all the elephants getting a bath in the river and doing their business in there too (the river i totally swam in..yuck!)....and then we were off....we went to burma this morning for some awesome shopping and a passport stamp...no worries i've returned fully intact and with some really really cheap boxed dvd sets...hahah...we then went to the golden triangle ...where laos, burma and thailand all meet...there's also a lot of opium plants here too....so we went to the opium museum... we then went to an ancient temple that was built in the 1200s! its amazing this stuff is still standing and is still as stunning as ever....now i'm in chiang rai...apparently they have great night markets as well....

i'll let you know just how good next time i write

anyways i'm sending you all lots of love

xoxoxoxooxoxox

gen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb