At the pool bar


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
August 31st 2006
Published: August 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jess here...

Writing from a random bar in Chiang mai with free internet and popcorn- hooray!!!

It seems like the national drink here is Sangsom (whiskey). The best way to drink it is in a bucket (what else??) with red bull and coke.....

I much prefer it here in Chiang Mai than Bangkok. Its much more chilled out here... you can cross the street without worrying about being run over by buses, and the tuk tuk drivers leave you alone- bliss!

We just got back from our 3 day trek in the jungle.... it was hardcore in the torrential rain. We had to cross waterfalls, slip in the mud, scale mountains, etc... Good fun, but we're all knackered. I'm amazed we managed to stay up to welcome in September- just another 3 weeks to go!

On the way here, we took an overnight train from Bangkok- it takes about 12 hours. we had a 'Party cabin' playing cheesy dance music. Because of all the heavy rain, the tracks will probably flood and we will have to take a bus instead. We're all gutted because we were looking forward to the party cabin on the way back! Oh well, I guess we'll make the most of it tonight!

Love me xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb