Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 2nd 2013
Published: January 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

our flight to Chiang Mai was uneventful. They did serve us a snack on a 1 hour flight, I was impressed with the service of Thai Air. We got to our hotel and it is wonderful. It over looks the river and has a salt water endless pool with a swim up bar. The room is large and the bath room has a waterfall in it.

we went into Chiang Mai for dinner and ate on the river at a local resaurant that the hotel recommended. we took a tuk tuk there and back. After dinner we looked for a place to have a drink and found another restaurant and had a glass of wine but it wasn't any good. we drank a little, then came back to the hotel for an early night.

This morning our multi-sport guide (Pan) picked us up at the hotel. we then went to pick up 2 others that are with us today and tomorrow. They are from Hungry and are a very nice couple. The guide took us to many more temples today and explained the history of Chiang Mai. We also went to the Chinesse market and tasted some different foods.
old temple old temple old temple

most of the elephants fell off during an earthquake
We then were taken to a Thai massage place to get an hour foot and leg massage. Oh that felt great. After this we had lunch at a locals restaurant. I think we were the only white people in the whole place. the meal was excellent. After lunch we went to the temple at the top of the mountain outside of Chiang Mai (300 steps to the top). This was the end of the tour for today. The guide has given us a recommendation for dinner. Shelly's in the gym now, and I'm writing the blog.

Not sure when my next entry will occur. We start the multi-sport in the morning. Tomorrow is one of the biking days, the next day is bking and kayaking, then biking again, the 2 days of rafting. I'm not sure if any of the places will have internet access so you might not hear from me for a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

dragon fruitdragon fruit
dragon fruit

we had some for breakfast
shelly with the bellsshelly with the bells
shelly with the bells

and the don't push the bells sign


2nd January 2013

Great Pics
I love seeing the pics! It brings the blog alive to see what y'all are experiencing! Have a great time on the next part of your Thai adventure.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb