Sanantone in Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 29th 2012
Published: May 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our groupOur groupOur group

All seated for our special meal courtesy of the Empress Hotel. many thanks to the staff.
Today the guys have gone fishing with our guide Noom, supposedly for catfish so it'll be interesting to get their comments. Yesterday the other 8 went to the Golden Triangle, the border with Burma, Thailand & Laos where opium was traded for gold in days gone by.We've done the trip 3 times & always enjoy it but Noom suggested instead of doing it all in one day, it was a 7am start & they did'nt get back till 9pm, that it would be better to stay overnight in Chang Rai, makes sense & we'll do it that way next time so we can get time to shop at the border market in Burma.In spite of the big day everyone really enjoyed the trip & were very pleased with the White Temple even though they had been" templed out"before hand.They loved the trip across the Mekong to the small market town in Laos where they tried the local whiskey.Last night the hotel gave us a free meal because we were a group & had booked on the internet???? Because of the late return it was well timed, What a feast!!! It was so special, we could'nt believe how lovely it was. Special appetisers, a beautiful buffet with such a big variety of foods, all piping hot, lovely cakes & a special dessert with sponge cakes in the shape of hearts done in some kind of orange sauce.Then a game of picking a paper out of a basket & Tracy won a necklace as her paper had a heart on it. All of the time the staff was super attentive & when the manager thanked us for staying at the hotel we were all thanking the staff for their trouble.we were overwhelmed!!! The Empress is a very nice hotel which 4 of us stayed at last year & had a lovely stay so we came back for this year & will continue to stay at & recommend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Tony & meTony & me
Tony & me

all the ladies got flowers from the hotel.
dessertdessert
dessert

Sponge hearts in orange cointreau.
Kenny & Tony.Kenny & Tony.
Kenny & Tony.

Kenny & Jill arranged for this basket of flowers & Bundaberg Rum to say thanks for arranging the holiday.
Special appetizerSpecial appetizer
Special appetizer

This was a vegetable pancake, delicious,
The other end of the groupThe other end of the group
The other end of the group

less hair this end.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb