Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 24th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!

We are now in Chiang Mai and enjoying our time a lot more! We stopped off in Ayuthaya for a night which was really lovely, we saw lots of Temples and ruins. Ayuthaya was much smaller than Bangkok and lot more friendly. We got our first bus to Ayuthaya which went surprisingly well! We got a little squashed towards the end but the locals were all very friendly and helped us get off at the right stop!
We are adjusting to the food quite well and touch wood none of us has gotten sick yet! After Ayuthaya we took an overnight bus to Chiang Mai, it was very uncomfortable, however, we got there in one piece which was a relief! When we got to Chiang Mai it was about 7.30am so it was a little early for finding somewhere to stay, so we had a lovely relaxed breakfast! We also had our first Thai Massage yeserday which was most deifinitely what we needed after such a long journey overnight!
We also went to the Sunday evening Market which was just incredible, neither of us had ever seen such a big market, it extended to the end of a very long street and had little branches off in other directions too! It was mind-blowing to say the least!

So, tomorrow we are getting a bus to Tham Lot which is a lot further into the Country, it will be nice to actually see the Countryside. A lot of people have told us that Northern Thailand is beautiful, but so far we have only really seen polution which is a great shame.

We will try and keep you updated as much as possible!
Take Care,
Love,
Anastasia and Roseanna
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb