Chiang Mai, Trekking and Chiang Rai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
August 3rd 2010
Published: August 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After spending two nights in Sukhothai looking around the ancient ruins, we then travelled up north to chiang mai. The following day we set of on our three day trekk into the jungle, the first stop however was to ride on some more elephants, which was scarier then last time as it was really muddy and we had to go up a steep hill on the elephant, so we wobbling about all over the place, but good fun. In the afternoon we started walking to the village we were staying at that night. The walking started of very steep and very hard, which was a bit of a shock to the system, but we got to see some great scenery.

The village we stayed at was really basic but this was to be expected, after the long walk we took a wash in the river next to our hut and tucked into the food the villagers had made. When got to bed, it was soo noisy with all the creatures outside and flowing river. Good job we had some ear plugs, they have come in very handy.

The second day of the trip we walked some more but in between shorts burst of walking we stopped by the river for a quick cool of, followed by more walking. The next village we stayed in had a bit of a rock slide, andy and the boys in our group were the first to try out the slide. Later on in the evening i had a go it was good but a bit of a shock when i went under the water. James our tour guide made a video of andy doing this will try and put it on here...

On the thrid day of the trip there was less walking and we saw a big waterfall called Mae Wang, then we headed back to civilisation for lunch and in the afternoon we went rafting and headed back to Chaing Mai.

The next day we were up early again for a trip to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle. We saw briefly a hot spring, a crystal temple which had been built 14 years ago and still wasnt finsihed, The Mekong River and the Burmese Border. We ended up spending most of the day on the bus and felt the trip wasnt really worth it.

Today Tuesday we are just chilling out and going to find a book shop to swap our books and get ready for the trip to Laos tomorrow x x x




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

SDC12974SDC12974
SDC12974

Being watched at breakfast...
Paddy FieldsPaddy Fields
Paddy Fields

and lots of walking!
Karen Village Karen Village
Karen Village

This guy was 85 years old and the oldest memeber in the village


3rd August 2010

exciting
What fab pic's. You were brave going down that waterfall ! The elephant ride sounds scary but fun. You are packing so much into your time and experiencing many things you must be feeling tired also after all that hot walking. Well done am proud of you both for being so adventurous. Love you lots mum xx
3rd August 2010

Good trip
Sounds like you had a good trip and the packed lunch looks intresting did you eat the plate?. The elephant ride sounds a bit scarey slipping around in the mud, Enjoy your trip to Laos Love you both xx
3rd August 2010

Looks like your having great fun etc. Makin me jealous. lol. Looks absolutely gr8 so far from the pics. Carry on enjoying you two.
3rd August 2010

Hi Laura and Andy. It seems to be a highly interesting trip so far with fascinating sights and topography. How old are those ruins at Sukhothai? Good luck with your next leg in Cambodia.
4th August 2010

Wow
This looks great I'm so envious wish I'd done more travelling looking at this lot wow.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb