Edit Blog Post
Published: November 9th 2009
Driveway at the Secret Garden resort.
Today we did absolutely nothing and it was fantastic!
We both woke up feeling under the weather. We seem to have identical head-cold symptoms which we've self-diagnosed as a minor allergic reaction to either the poor air quality in Thailand, the slightly moldy smell in our room, or - most likely - both. No fever so we're ruling out both H1N1 and malaria.
We decided to enjoy our little jungle compound and relax. A wonderful day to read books, watch DVDs, sleep, catch up on email, blog, and eat. It was lovely.
For the record, though, there is a lot to do in Chiang Mai. In fact, had we been feeling better, our day could have included one or more of the following exciting activities (all promoted heavily in travel agency offices and coffee shops throughout the downtown area):
- Seeing a monkey show (there is a photo of a monkey lifting a barbell over its head)
- Seeing a tiger show (sadly, the tigers are supposedly kept drugged for these tourist traps)
- Riding an elephant
- Trekking or mountain biking in the jungle (we thought that 95F was too hot for either)
- Soaking in
Entrance at the Secret Garden resort.
hot springs (see above)
- Training for possible future military service at a shooting range
- Doing wheelies on ATVs (we have an agreement to try not to break any bones or die on this trip)
- Bungee jumping (see above)
- Or, the Thai national sport, shopping
We did manage to book a tour to see a famous Wat that is located near the top of a mountain just outside of town tomorrow and we're really looking forward to it.
Tot: 2.126s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0405s; 2; m:saturn w:www (22.214.171.124); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb