Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 3rd 2009
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We decided to fly from Laos to Chaing Mai which was an expensive but wise discussion as the advertised 20 hours buss journey actually took some friends over 25 hours with long stops at boarder control and a change from the advitised VIP bus to the much hated mini bus (we're glad we didn't get into that one!).

We arrived in the middle of a festival the Loi krathang Festival which celebrates the full moon of the 12th Lunar month, there was a huge parade through the city with market stalls and music, everyone was letting off paper laterns into the sky and there was plenty of fireworks for us to make up for missing fireworks night back home!

We really liked Chaing Mia it seems to have everything! Since travelling we thought that we had see every kind of market possible, however we had see nothing like the night markets in Chaing Mai they go on for miles selling everything you could imagin, then there was the food markets! its was crazy but every entertaining. I was also extreamly pleased to find a resturant which sold hinez beans on toast, which was golden after months of asian food!

We did an elephant trek which was lovely, the elephants we're really tame and would take food from your hand and kiss your cheeks! we also had a go at white water rafting which was alot of fun, only I had to sit at the front with Mykal an we got very wet, however managed to stay in the raft! We managed to see some thai boxing one night, which we both enjoyed!

Our next destinstion is Sukhothai


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb