Entering Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a few toilet breaks and stopping for a meal sometime in the night we reached Bokeo, near the Thai border at around 9.30. It was a short Tuk Tuk ride from Bokeo to Huay Xai, the border, where we were dropped off and told to walk down a narrow side street which looked nothing like a major border crossing! Reaching the bottom we found a hut and were stamped out of Laos. We then hopped onto a boat to take us over the river to the Thai side, Chang Kong, where we were stamped into Thailand by a very friendly Border Guard.

Next we hopped into a tuk tuk which took us to change money and then dropped us off by a bus station where we just had time to grab a snack from a 7/11 before climbing onto a bus to Chiang Mai. This bus was pretty empty so we both stretched out accross 5 seats and passed out for a couple of hours. AS the bus stopped to pich up more and more people we stubbornly held onto our 'beds' until the conductor man came and told us off and then moved back together. We arrived into Chiang Mai at about 6 in the evening and hopped into another tuk tuk to get to the centre.

This was where we found out that our guesthouse we had booked was not in the centre but somewhere else so we hopped into another tuk tuk whic took us all the way to the door of SpicyThai. This is the same as the amazing guesthouse we stayed in whilst in Luang Prabang. After checking in we joined a group of people headed out and enjoyed a meal overlooking the river and listening to a pretty good cover band! We turned in pretty early feeling exhausted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb