Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 15th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally our last part of the trip has come. It's just never enough time to travel. I and Doug arrived to Chiang Mai in the evening so it was dark. Our airport limousine driver didn't have a problem finding our small hotel even though it was located in a fairly complex area. We stayed at TadKham right next to Tad Kham temple. It was nice and simple boutique hotel with affordable price. We walked to... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mae Klang Falls, Doi InthanonMae Klang Falls, Doi Inthanon
Mae Klang Falls, Doi Inthanon

Photo taken by Doug, edited by me.
Siriphum waterfalls, Doi InthanonSiriphum waterfalls, Doi Inthanon
Siriphum waterfalls, Doi Inthanon

Located right next to Inthanon Royal Project. This project was established by the present king(RamaIX) study on agriculture to help farmers improve the living quality. It was a large area go as far as my eyes could see.
Small blue butterfliesSmall blue butterflies
Small blue butterflies

Looking from afar Siriphum waterfalls was tall and elegant but coming to see where it ends gave me a complete opposite feeling. It was a fairly small waterfall in a peaceful and very well maintained garden. There were a large group of small blue butterflies flying around. This was the best shot I was able to get of them.
Flower for youFlower for you
Flower for you

No no no.. Doug didn't buy the flower for me. I was given the flower by a little tribal girl. I think she was trying to sell us a tour to the waterfalls initially. She approached us by giving us this flower. I asked for certain if it was not for sale. She said no but from her generosity. She later offered to give us a tour. I politely declined her offer. She didn't try to persuade us to buy a tour but just smiled and let us go.
Stupa, Doi InthanonStupa, Doi Inthanon
Stupa, Doi Inthanon

A stupa of Intavichayanon, 7th Chiang Mai ruler back in Rama V reign. He expressed fascination in Doi Inthanon's vegetation and forest and ordered to have his ashes be burried on the top of Doi Inthanon which is here it is.
Here he is.Here he is.
Here he is.

It said: Inthavichayanon, 7th Chiang Mai ruler, B.D. 2413-2440 Rama V. total ruling period 27 years.
Highest point in ThailandHighest point in Thailand
Highest point in Thailand

2,565.3341 Meters above sea level. We got up here at noon and the temperature was at 18 C as opposed to around mid 30s C at the bottom of the mountain.
ChediChedi
Chedi

located just about 15 min before you get up to the top of Doi Inthanon.



28th April 2008

Flower photos
For someone who says they aren't much into flowers, you surely took some fantastic photos! They came out really really well. the Photos of the fucia were great and the orchids too. I was mos surprise by the waterfalls. They really seemed very accessible, paths, etc, but no one in the photos but you and doug. I was surprised by how empty it seemed, especially given that it looked like it was accessable. Anyhow, thanks for not leaving us hanging. And cute flowerpots!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb