Day3 - into the jungle


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 17th 2008
Published: March 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello everyone. i think we'll remember today for a long time. it was pretty cool. we were collected today at 8am with two Americans (Max & Gina) to go trekking. first we drove for an hour in to the mountains and then trekked up more mountains to meet a hill tribe. it was a hard trek up but worth it in the end. the people live such simple lives. then we headed on some more till we got to an elephant camp. here we took a trek and an elephant for about an hour and of course we got then wild one. you had to buy bananas to feed them and ours was the greediest of the lot. he wouldn't move unless we fed him. his bananas didn't last long! near the end of our trek ours decided he wanted to be out in front and took of like the hammers from hell back down the mountain. we found out when we got back that it was because there was a forest fire near by and they don't really like them! then we were cooked some local food which was very tasty. after our feed we went to another tribe and we were attacked by little kids selling bracelets. we had a quick look around and then headed to a waterfall. it was amazing. we got to swim under it and got some really good photos. finally we bamboo rafted back down the river for about an hour and any locals who saw us passing decided to soak us. thats all for now as it dusk here and the mossies are out and im in a tree hut outside beside a river and they are starting to notice me. Michelle says hello. she's getting ready for heading out to celebrate paddy's day so i better head back and get ready too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb