Last Day in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 31st 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning was our last morning in Bangkok, so we decided to charter a longtail boat to go into the canals. After using body language to negotiating our fare with the driver who spoke no English, we hopped in the boat to see where he would take us. We pulled off of the main river in Bangkok and into a little side canal lined with houses and shacks that had been there for decades. It was so amazing to watch people bathe in the river (mostly clothed thankfully) and buy their breakfast from a boat that drove through the canals to sell groceries. We bought a little buddha statue from a floating vendor lady....we didn't have time to make it to the floating market before our flight 😞 . Apart from being repeatedly splashed in the face with brown Thai canal water, the trip was the most fun we had in Bangkok!

Yesterday we had our massages, which cost about 10 bucks for a full hour - yes! Our masseuses studied at one of the temples in Bangkok and it seems as though Ammaron's also knew muy thai because she whooped his butt. I guess a painful massage is good for the muscles, right? The massages were held in an open pagoda like thing in our hotel with fans, peaceful music, and a tropical plants. Our happy ending was a cup of ginger tea and a final rubdown with a cold wash cloth...for some reason.

We hopped on the flight to Chiang Mai to celebrate New Year's, see the hill tribes, and trek, so tune in next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 82, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb