Adventures on a scooter


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
August 13th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Scooter AdventureScooter AdventureScooter Adventure

One of the amazing views on our 3 hour (accidental) tour of the mountains.
Evening all. After our last entry we headed out with a couple of the Germans from the trek for dinner and a few beers, followed by a bottle of whiskey in the student district of the town, which in turn was followed by some rather sketchy dancing in a student club.

The next morning, we rented out a moped and headed up to a temple on a mountain. It was nice and all that, but after all the glitter and gold of the Grand Palace in Bangkok, we were slightly underwhelmed by this place. On the way down the hill we ran out of petrol and so had to freewheel our way to a cafe at the bottom, where we then hailed a cab who took us and our ped to the nearest petrol station. And for 50 baht aswell - bargain.

Today will probably go down as one of the less PC days of the trip thus far - we went to watch the snake and monkey shows, which we then followed up with a trip to the shooting range. The snake show consisted of a bloke in a pit, annoying some snakes until they tried to bite
TempleTempleTemple

Lots of steps to lots of gold at the top of the (Dui Poi?) mountain.
him, and then him getting out of the way. The monkey show was hilarious, if perhaps a bit cruel, with monkeys performing such feats as playing basketball, lifting weights, riding bikes and diving for watches. Mark's watch to be precise. Mark then let off some steam at the shooting range, doing surprisingly well with the Smith and Wesson .45 pistol, scoring a number of head shots. A two hour journey round the mountains followed, and we are now going to catch our bus back to Bangkok.

Hazh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Out of gas...Out of gas...
Out of gas...

In a taxi with our ped after a long free roll down the mountain
Monkey BasketballMonkey Basketball
Monkey Basketball

Yes, that is a monkey doing a slam dunk.
Monkey BikeMonkey Bike
Monkey Bike

And they ride bikes too. (Its definately not cruel)


15th August 2007

Monkey Mania
This is probably my favourite post to date. I'd have loved to have seen the little monkey fellows, there weren't any at the shoting range too where there? I hear there a crack shot with a 9mm!

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb