Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in chiang Mai at 9:30 am.

We thought that the breakfast was inc on train so opted for the Full English, it consisted of a cocktail sausage, triangle of bread, small egg, side portion of 2 slices of pinepple and some hideous sweet orange drink - it cost us 120 baht - each! doh!

We had a taxi waiting to take us to our accomodation on arrival - TAT (arrangement) arrived at Dasa Court - a beautiful accomodation - TV, air con, walk in shower, dressingtable with mirror and fridge! wow!

Had a shower then decided to send a load of stuff back home because my back pack is too heavy to cart around! So went to the nearest FedEx and sent a huge parcel!

There was a palace on the opposite road of where we were staying so we went for a little wander round there, seen so many temples now, they are getting a little dull now!

We were told to go to a market by a local, but when we got there it was mostly Indian stuff, cloth mostly, we found two cheap rain coats which were suitable for our trekking so brought them.

Went to the boxing in the evening, where we saw several fights, started off with the younger ones- lighter ones than went on to the heavier ones, they werent as brutal as I thought they could have been, think it was more of a performance than anything for tourista as we spotted some fellow night train travellers nearby.

The major event of theevening was a fight between Nick England - English boxer (Hence the name) and a Thai boxer. It was over in just over 2 rounds, our fellow English boy made a hard swift kicj to the back of the legs which made Thai fall to the floor in agony! There was a lot of applause from the crowds!

They then blind folded 6 Thai boxers and put them in the ring, it was soo funny to watch they were all swinging punches into the air at each other, one of them got punched hard and fell out of the ring!

After followed a transexual Caberet show, which was highly amusing!

When playing pool in a nearby bar we saw our fellow night train passenger challenge one of the Thai boxers in the ring, she was giving it all she had!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb