Day about town


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WatWatWat

There are soo many temples in Chiang Mai, very beautifully maintained.
Well I started today off with a Thai Massage which was so nice - and so cheap up here 3quid for 1 hour. Have decided to do a massage course at the same place tomorrow.

After lunch the rain finally stopped and the sun started to show its face. So took the opportunity to go for a wander and check some of the mant Temples (Wats). Iv met a lovely couple from Leicester - Kal & Pauline, and a guys from Switzerland - Patrick... we all went out together. Chiang Mai is very historical, the architecture is stunning, I especially like all the old colonial stuff.

Someone told us about going to the dentist over here and how cheap it is - so I decided to go for a clean and polish - apparently I have a couple of Cavities so will have to go get them fixed back in the UK, wasnt feeling brave enough for having fillings - even though they cost 7quid each!

Had a look round the Sunday Market, which is suppose to be cheaper than in Bangkok. But as Im refusing to buy anything and carry it around it was only window
Inside a templeInside a templeInside a temple

They really love there gold and red!
shopping - actually tell a lie I did buy a necklace!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

What a nice couple?What a nice couple?
What a nice couple?

As I no longer have J with me, Im forced to take pictures with statues! Atleast it can't run away!
Sleeping BuddhaSleeping Buddha
Sleeping Buddha

Every corner you turn you can stumble across a temple, this one had a giant buddha lying down inside.
Lovely GardensLovely Gardens
Lovely Gardens

Around the temples the gardens are beautifully kept with lots of fragrant trees, nice place to hang out
Also comes in white...Also comes in white...
Also comes in white...

This is beautiful even if a little dirty!
Me, Patrick, Kal & PaulineMe, Patrick, Kal & Pauline
Me, Patrick, Kal & Pauline

Iv been spending most of my time with these guys exploring the sights.
Bad Boy Tuk TukBad Boy Tuk Tuk
Bad Boy Tuk Tuk

This was so funny, we travelled in style! All that was missing was the thumping sound system!
Drinks on the RiversideDrinks on the Riverside
Drinks on the Riverside

ice place to go for an evening drink, nice atmosphere with lots of candles.
Cool Band!Cool Band!
Cool Band!

We were in a place on the riverside where the live band played lots of good covers - impressive!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb