Day of Massage


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 7th 2007
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The MonksThe MonksThe Monks

Really nice guys, but Ladies dont touch, its forbidden!
Today I did a Thai Massage course, and it hurt! It was very intense and physical. We did have fun though, as we had to take it in turns "massaging" eachother. Its definately harder than it looks!

Our teacher had a great sense of humour, especially when Kal was practicing on him - he'd make groaning noises and say "yes Kal, that feels goooood!"


Our course started at 9am and finished at 4pm. After that we went to a "Monk Chat", something Patrick recommended. It was really good, just sitting around and talking to Monks (mainly novice monks training at the university). We asked them all kinds of questions. One of the reasons they do it is to improve their English, so not all are brilliant so was funny at times trying to explain words. They also asked us questions about life in the West.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Massage ClassMassage Class
Massage Class

Kal is in yellow t-shirt and the teacher is massaging Pauline in the centre of the picture, looks like she's enjoying it!
My turn..My turn..
My turn..

we took it in turns to practice on everyone in the class, which was a little embarrassing getting hands on with complete strangers!
Monk ChatMonk Chat
Monk Chat

The monks we chatted to were all from Cambodia. One spoke excellent English so did most of the talking, it was very interesting finding out more about Buddhism.
View from Massage RoomView from Massage Room
View from Massage Room

The massage course was right next to our guesthouse, Id had a foot massage here a couple fo days before and was so impressed...


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb