Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 2nd 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Reason 42Reason 42Reason 42

Eels/catfish/something

Chiang Mai



By now our time scheduling is all messed up and we're not in the places we should be. We were supposed to go to Myanmar (Burma) for a bit but the peeps in Chiang Mai said they've cancelled flights from there cos of friction at the border. So getting there would have meant more time, effort and money than we were bothered to spend! Instead, we stayed here in the North of Thailand for a little longer. It's great up here! We went on a cool trek in the mountains near the 'golden triangle' (golden triangles are apparently the most common triangles in Asia) where the Thai border meets Burma and Laos. Its the height of the dry seaon so the landscape was pretty dry. Bushfires looked cool tho and we still found some cool jungly places to play jungle book etc. And our guide showed us how to hunt chickens with catapults and leaf-spears- which is well fun! We stayed in little 'tribal villages' (that have tourists come stay nearly every night), drank lots of moonshine and taught the kids how to do the hokey-cokey and sing heads, shoulders, knees and toes. knees and toes.
Reason 23Reason 23Reason 23

Loads of different types of egg-plant

Apart from the trekking, we spent a couple of nights at the Muay-Thai. This is Thai kick-boxing and its fun to bet beers on. One guy was sick and another guy slipped in it- immense!
We took a cooking calss here too. It was ace and we've got a little book how to make everything. We can grind up curry paste now and know what a few more of the wierd vegetables in See Wu are. Tom Yum soup rules. Yum Yum.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Muay ThaiMuay Thai
Muay Thai

Get drunk and shout at fighting men!
Oldskool raftingOldskool rafting
Oldskool rafting

Doesn't look like much but playing pirates all the way is immense!
Dennis the menaceDennis the menace
Dennis the menace

These catapults are all the rage in the jungle. Even an old lady went and fetched us a big bag of stones to practice with!


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb