Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 21st 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Night train up to Chang Mai was pretty decent, actually managed to get a good nights sleep for the first time as we ended up in an air-con carriage, pretty sure we didn't pay for that but cant complain.

Pretty much just chilled out here for the first day seeing the sights as usual, went out the first night but it was dead so just sat and drank. We then decided to go to this place called Roof Top bar so me being the idiot that I am walked through the bar and door to climb the satirs... only I forgot about the fact that Thai people are not quite as tall as us, so i twated my head on the door while walking in, split it open and blood started pouring everywhere! luckily it looked worse that it was so didn't have to go to hospital after the tuk-tuk driver so kindly offered to take me there... for the bargain price of 200 baht!

From here we went on a 2 day trek like evey other tourist does, so spent a couple of days treking through the jungle, went on an elephan ride and bamboo rafting. Was pretty fun, met some strange German people on the trek who after a bit of getting used to where pretty cool.

I also bought a suit which I am still scared was a big con as they are 'posting' it to Torquay, we'll just have to wait and see if it arrives!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

A waterfall!A waterfall!
A waterfall!

Some amazing sights here - must mean a lot to you guys at home!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb