Day 22


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 24th 2019
Published: January 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day here in Thailand. In the morning, we met with the professors of BCNC to debrief about our trip. It was a nice time to tell them how amazing this trip was and how much we appreciated all of their hospitality. After the debrief, we joined a group of third year BCNC students for a home visit in the community. We helped to clean the house of an 81-year-old man who was taking care of his disabled wife and his 2 disabled children all by himself. We also helped to give the children the first shower they had been able to have in 2 years and we took one of the children outside for the first time in what they suspected to be 30 years. Even though it was difficult to learn about the struggles of this family, it was really amazing to be able to see how much of an impact we were able to have just by cleaning their house and getting them showers. After the home visit, we spent time packing our things. We had one last dinner, and the cooks prepared all of our favorite Thai dishes like pad Thai and sticky rice with mango. Our buddies and the faculty from BCNC helped us load up our luggage and took us to the airport. It was a sad, tearful goodbye. I am so incredibly grateful for the friendships I have found in all of these wonderful people. Goodbyes are hard, but I hope to see them again someday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb